What I learned at Common Ground Fair.

I'm back! So, first off CGF was a blast! I had so much fun and i'm sorry for everyone that didn't go at least once. so I'm going to go in chronological order.

  • First thing I learned was really just a reminder. In Maine when you FINALLY think you know what's going to happen with the weather it will turn around and quickly tell you who's boss. Everyone I saw there was ready for 50-60 degrees and breezy, It's Maine in September! there can be a frost any day! but no. instead we got three day of glorious 75-80 degree weather! days clouds came and went over the weekend, some vary large that seemed to last most of the second day, other unnoticeable on the scorching sunny Sunday. I personally brought no shorts, and only one t-shirt. so it was a rather warm sweaty weekend for me.
  • Second thing is that the most of the people volunteering not only want to be there, but love being there and what they do there. The mums, dads, grandma, and grandpas in the kitchen because they love cooking and are use to cooking with/for family's and friends. everyone enjoys doing their job so everything gets done.
  • Third, I learned so many cool things about medicinal herbs, mushrooms, homeopathy, living eco-friendly, homesteading, BUNNIES!(i'm really excited about this one. i'll tell you more later) and a bunch of other cool things. most of which will get their own post later on.

     I can't wait to start working on my various projects. here are just a few, I'm taking a class in October with a herbalist by the name of Deb Soule She is a really nice lady that a got to talk with and I am very excited to learn what she can teach me about herbal remedies.

     Bunnies. yes. bunnies. the cute fuzzy kind. I'm looking to start breeding, i would like to have jersey wooly, because I know a family that is excellent at spinning and I'm sure we'll get to a trading agreement. Then of course as the eco movement continues people will want natural material. and I'll have them! for a small fee of course ;-)

     Magical Mushrooms of Maine! okay, well not really magical, but really good for you! like chaga! Of which I won a chaga chai tea made by a guy named greg marley, (he has a book out called Mushrooms for Health: Medicinal Secrets of Northeastern Fungi. I don't own it yet, but that paycheck is coming.) The tea was really delicious and it's extremely good for you! (it's legit the elixir of life! but you have to figure out why when you're learning about that ;)

     So, that's my short little break down, I'll be doing a series on medical herbs and mushrooms, I'm sure and maybe one on bunnies... cause they are just friggin cute.

Later,
Nicholas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NREMT AEMT

How-to, a festival.

THAT unknown medical.