600 hours in.

it's now coming to the end of July. I've put in over 600 hundred hours for delta since mid may. I've been talking to the medics about skills and assessment. I've been getting my fare share of hands on practice moving Pts, dealing with issues, paperwork, documentation. All that fun stuff. So now I've got to start trying to get cleared for ALS.  Now, I know HIPPA is a legit thing so I can't talk about patients. However. I do know I'm not gaining or refining skills bringing people to alcohol detox. Don't get me wrong. I love my job! Even if it's something stupid I'm still helping people a hell of a lot more then selling donuts and coffee. However, the basic truck is getting monotonous. I am gonna shoot for just one ALS shift every so often like one every week or two, but I honestly think I'm ready. Am I? No. Its just like driving. It doesn't matter how long you study or how many times you talk about it, all that matters is what you do behind the wheel. Do you fuck up the first time? Absolutely! You need to learn from it and move forward so you can get better.

We'll see how it goes. I have to talk to the education director when he gets back. Till then.

Nicholas Jackson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NREMT AEMT

How-to, a festival.

THAT unknown medical.