AEMT Class

So I just passed my AEMT class which is good. It was far more intense then my EMT class. I failed my first attempt on my practical exam because I wasn't as prepared as much as I should have been and nervous. (it's 0.4mg of Narcan... NOT 4mg.)   So now I will be driving for 4 hours to go to the nearest ALS practical on 7/21. I have until then to perfect my technique and get my knowledge base up to par. I feel I'm almost there, I just need to fine tune my skills.

So here are the things I need to perfect.

Medical assessment/medical medications. I can go through the steps. I have to think more about my secondary review (and make sure I use the right Epi dose -.-)

Supine immobilization  I'll be bringing my own spider straps to immobilize with. I personally can not make a Pt "flip proof" with 3 straps.

IV medication bolus I spaced on Narcan... never again though. Never. Again. I know every dose I can use as an AEMT.

Pedi I/O I still don't know. I just don't. I'll just have to hammer away at that.

So, I've got a lot to work on. I feel like I could go out and back up a medic and be their hands. I can do IV's,  IO's, and airways comfortably. Most medical calls I would be comfortable with, Obviously AEMTs aren't trained to deal with most things but I feel comfortable with a few things.

I'm going to start my Medic program in the spring of 2014... we'll see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NREMT AEMT

How-to, a festival.

THAT unknown medical.