Ocarina for all time!

Heyyyyy Ocarina! Okay, Maybe that's not quite right... It says what I need though! So yea, I was stumbling around the internet and found something incredibly awesome. An Ocarina app for Iphone, of course the first thing I do is down load the android version and I've been playing away ever since! Now, there are limits! it is only a 4 hole ocarina, but it's enough to have fun with. I've been playing with it and reading about them and now I'm getting serious about buying one and learning to play it. A real 12 hole, tenor or bass. So, instead of studying for SAT's or something, I'm playing the digital ocarina on my phone....
First off, watch the above clip... It may not be the same for you, but that 4 note whistle almost reduces me to tears... ridiculous. I know, but Rue is an amazing character! Rue's death is what really made me think about the atrocities being committed against children that are a full generation away from the rebellion that caused the Games, SEVENTY FOUR YEARS! I mean compare this to what Joseph Kony is doing, or to what happened in the Rowandan genocide! The people of the Capital (can you think of anywhere that could be considered "The Capital"?) Just see these things as a fun, they don't actually hear the cry's of children being forced to kill each other. Honestly, I don't know as much as I should about the Kony story, Rowanda, or the political state of Nepal. does that irritate me? yea, but it still isn't enough to make me do something. I mean honestly, I want to. I, like most other people don't see how, money, while we have buckets more then most people is still needed so I can do things like pay for gas, food, insurance, weddings, college, all this stuff! I can volunteer locally, like I do at the hospital. I can help people in my area, but what about Africa? I could volunteer there but that takes money. lots of it, I could send money, but half the time it gets used else where. I know people want to care. I know people want to help. I just wish I was one of those people brave enough to care, to put my hands to work and help, In 20 years that's what I hope to be doing as a doctor. So I'm working toward a goal to help people. I'm just sad and glad I was born in the Capital.


Nicholas Jackson, EMT-B

Official resident of the United States, Occupier of a developed country, Part of the capital.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NREMT AEMT

How-to, a festival.

Norepinephrine(Levophed) usage in ME EMS protocol