Welcome to Delta

Finally.




     After over a year of waiting I'm officially working for an Ambulance service.  I'm now a proud Employee of Delta Ambulance.
At least that's what my badge says.
     So I've spent the last two full days getting "Oriented" to the new job. Also known as filing out a tree worth of paper, having every Ofiice/Important person introduce themselves, tell us what they do and how you can call them 24/7/365.
     It wasn't the most fun thing in the world but it was informational and helpful to meet my fellow N00Bs. I'm also glad to get a chance to talk with some of the EMTs and Medics that have been working for Delta for up to TWENTY years! That's a friggin long time...
   I actually start my "Ride Time" or basically a beginner test to see if I'm up to snuff on technique and get me familiar with the area. To be painfully honest... I'm stupid nervous. I know the technical skillz, but half of them I've never done on a person. It is very exciting for me to think of actually being able to go and help people and even get paid to do it! I think I will do well and learn quickly. I also see this as a chance to get to know doctors and make connections that will potentially define the references I get and the Colleges I'm accepted to.
     I feel like I've finally hit that "Ah-ha" moment, I'm no longer a kid, I have a grown up job, Grown up issues, I'm not quite a Grown up... But I'm getting there.
     “Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'. I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.” ― John GreenLooking for Alaska

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NREMT AEMT

How-to, a festival.

Norepinephrine(Levophed) usage in ME EMS protocol