Anime Boston 2014 recap!

Wow. Just Wow! This was my first ever Con so I had no idea what to expect. In many aspects it was great and terrible. Having lived in Maine my whole life I've never really ran into the problem of literally thousands of people trying to fit into a much smaller space. Trying to get into the first showing of Attack on Titan was comparable to going to a Best buy on black Friday. The line almost circled the hynes convention center...

The line went from outside exsibit hall D down the small hallway, all the way down and back Boylston hallway and half way to pre function hall C! That's when I got in a half hour before. we didn't make it into the showing on Saturday. Luckily they added one one Sunday. It was amazing and worth the wait.

From what I've learned a large part of the issue was the fact that Anime Boston is trying to slim down and focus on just anime. Panels were cut and sadly panels had to turn many people away because thy couldn't fill slots like in years past. I'm hoping this is just a growing period and will be fixed next year. This years security was unsurprisingly tight after the events of last years Boston Marathon. While I understand and appreciate the increased security it didn't make it any easier to get around. Staff and volunteers were... rude. I have volunteered for big events before and I understand it's stressful and annoying. Screaming at attendees doesn't make you feel better or help the problem. The fact that they had an extra 4,000 people in attendance clearly didn't help matters.

So While they had some major issues Anime Boston can be expected to see me again next year if the stars align.

It was really fun! I sat in on only one panel sadly. High tech Cosplay hosted by Brian Chan, Maker of everything. Who went over some great points of not only using advanced technology like lazer cutting and 3D printing but had a whole crew to talk about lighting and motor control.
Myself and A Clair Cosplayer

Seeing the Cosplayers and Cosplaying was of course my favorite part! This year I was Ash KetchumI was honestly shocked the first time someone asked for my picture. This was my first cosplay ever. When I got asked I asked them why before i realized  I was dressed as my favorite childhood hero! I had already seen more then a few Ash cosplayers and I didn't think anyone would care to take a picture of another Ash Ketchum! I'm really glad I did it though! People got pictures of me. I got pictures with people and of people. I know my cosplay this year was pretty simple. I'm okay with that seeing as it's my first. Next year though will be different! I've started planning out what I want to do already and it's going to be an order of magnitude cooler... You'll just have to wait and see!



Myself and some of the Eveloution sister


Now, I have a whole album I'll link/embed below! I've got a bunch of stuff posted to Twitter and Tumblr. If you see someone you know in one of my pictures PLEASE! let me know so I can credit them! I have to find a better way to give credit to people. I hate to stop people for long periods of time but I also don't want these people to loose out on getting their great works known!

My Backpack

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NREMT AEMT

THAT unknown medical.

Norepinephrine(Levophed) usage in ME EMS protocol