Cranial nerves and hard ons, oh my...

"Ooh, Ooh, Ooh, to touch a female vagina, gives Victor a hardon."

Patrick J. Lynch, medical illustrator
See, I said it. Vagina, hard on, and I'll just go ahead and add penis to this sentence. However, It worked for it's purpose. Remembering the 12 Cranial nerves.

I – Olfactory
II – Optic
III – Oculomotor
IV – Trochlear
V (1,2,3) – Trigeminal
VI – Abducens
VII – Facial
VIII – Vestibulocochlear
IX – Glossopharyngeal
X – Vagus
XI – Accessory
XII – Hypoglossal  - (Via Wikipedia)

(Yes, I'm using Wikipedia as a source. No this isn't a scholarly or even very intelligent post, it's okay.)

Sooo, I was suppose to memorize the 12 cranial nerves and their function (sensory, motor, or both) for a test this semester. I didn't, the test didn't go well. this is the point of test (or is how I use them at least). They are to show you what you need to learn! Within hours of that class ending, the tale of Victors sexual adventure was being repeated in my head over, and over, and over. The names of each nerve sticking out to me as much as the same nerves in my head. With the names cemented I needed a way to remember the function, and in came Victors brother.

"Some say marry money but my brother says big brains(and/or boobs) matter more" ~Dr Tim Luijkx and Dr Frank Gaillard et al


Sensory, Motor, or Both? That is the question... So we take our list of cranial nerves and line them up like so.
Some – Olfactory
Say– Optic
Marry – Oculomotor
Money– Trochlear
But – (1,2,3) – Trigeminal
My– Abducens
Brother– Facial
Says– Vestibulocochlear
Big– Glossopharyngeal
Brains/Boobs– Vagus
Matter– Accessory
More– Hypoglossal

That gives us the basic breakdown. Which is all I need for now. I hope someone finds this as helpful as I did! I wonder if anyone has done a study to see if the more inappropriate the mnemonic is the more effective it is to help people remember. Or maybe I'm just a little extra goofy and dirty minded... uh oh...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NREMT AEMT

How-to, a festival.

Norepinephrine(Levophed) usage in ME EMS protocol