My sweet summer is gone...

Okay, so let's go over some things.

1) Summer flew by in a flash.
2) Working is hard.
3) Balancing a social life, multiple relationships, and work is even harder.
4) “Nothing worth having comes easy.” ~Theodore Roosevelt

I went to GNEW for the second time and formally joined the SCA. I started working to become an Archery marshall and I'm getting into archery, rapier combat, thrown weapons, and homebrewing! What better "art" to learn than making alcohol. My first homebrew was set up for failure from the beginning. I told a coworker I was interested and they gave me a Mr. beer kit and some outdated ingredients... by about 4 years. What do you do with expired malt extract? Make your first beer! It sucked. Hence, Jake the dog.

I brewed my second batch with seemingly more success. I got a True Brew kit from my local health food store, I chose an Irish Stout. Brewed it with my Dad, and finally bottled it today! Our 5-gallon batch earned us 27, 12oz bottles and 12, 16 oz bottles. My Dad took on the struggle of drinking more beer while I expedited the process and just bought the nice swing-top bottles. I appreciated these bottle caps because that's what has gotten me into homebrewing. I don't think full kits and plastic buckets are in the SCA period, but I do approve of the social connection with brewing and drinking beer!
I've also collected over 15Lbs of Honey to start making mead and with apple season now around the corner I can see a large number of Cysters and hard ciders being brewed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NREMT AEMT

How-to, a festival.

THAT unknown medical.